There is a misconception that if you want to revamp your lifestyle by relocating to another country, your only option is UK, USA, or Europe. In the last few years, the world has progressed & there are lots of options for foreign investors to secure their family’s future. One thing you don’t know is that there are very few European countries that offer a 2nd passport. Even those countries require a minimum duration of 5 years or more to give you a citizen status after being a resident. In this article, we’ll share some of the best Caribbean 2nd passport options with you. Similarly, Caribbean 2nd citizenship doesn’t only provide you global mobility across 150+ countries but also promises huge taxation relief.
The Caribbean region is popular for its islands, luxury resorts, magnificent beaches, and cheerful lifestyle. Although, The region has become a major tourist attraction worldwide for its closeness to natural resources. There are 5 Caribbean countries offering citizenship by investment schemes. However, This region is a pioneer in introducing the idea of global citizenship through investment and donation programs and ruling the CBI ranking for the last 4 years.
List of Best Caribbean 2nd Passport Countries:
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- Antigua & Barbuda
- St. Lucia
Dominica Citizenship by Investment
Applicants require to make an investment of $220,000 in the real estate of Dominica to get citizenship in just 90 days. Basically, the investment amount is refundable after maintaining the investment amount for 3 years. Other than this, the applicant can also make a contribution of $100,000 to the government’s national fund. Moreover, the donation amount is not refundable but a very economical option. Also, Dominica is the best Caribbean 2nd passport according to the world CBI ranking.
- Dominica ranks as No.1 Citizenship by Investment.
- Dominica’s CBI Scheme doesn’t have any residency requirements.
- The whole family including spouse, children, siblings, parents, and grandparents are included as dependents.
- Additionally, citizens of Dominica can travel visa-free to 141+ countries.
- Dual Citizenship is permitted.
- No specific education or work experience requirement.
- Dominica is a zero-taxation zone which means no tax on worldwide income and wealth.
St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment
Investors who are interested in St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment need to make an investment of $200,000 in real estate. However, this investment amount is refundable but the applicant has to maintain this amount for 5 years. Another option is making a contribution of $150,000 to the National Development Fund of the country. This amount is non-refundable.
- St. Kitts & Nevis is one of the oldest and economical citizenship programs.
- One of the fastest processing track of 120 days.
- There is no residency or travel requirement.
- Additionally, No need to abolish your current citizenship.
- There is no interview or education requirement.
- Minimum taxation on worldwide income.
Antigua & Barbuda Second Passport
An island country with wide blue beaches and tropical trees, Antigua & Barbuda has become investor’s favorite destination to get a second passport. Basically, if you are looking for peace and want to stay close to nature after retirement, Antigua & Barbuda is an ideal place for you. Another reason why foreign investors are so interested in this country is that the country offers multiple options to get citizenship. Investors can purchase a real estate property for $200,000 or can contribute an amount of $100,000 to the National fund. Also, there is another option to get citizenship for a family of 6 for just $150,000 by investing in the University of West Indies Fund.
- Visa-free travel to 150+ countries including the Schengen region, Switzerland, Singapore & Hong Kong.
- Inclusion of children up to the age of 30 as dependents.
- Parents, grandparents & unmarried siblings can also be part of the citizenship application.
- Moreover, No travel and residency requirements.
- Lowest taxation rate on worldwide income.
- Inclusion of future spouse as dependents.
- No specific education or language proficiency required.
Grenada 2nd Citizenship by Investment
Basically, Grenada is one of the famous islands of the West Indies surrounded by crystal clear wide beaches. The country has a signed E-2 Treaty with the USA which allows its citizens to live and work in the USA. Grenada also has two investment options to get citizenship. Although, Applicants can make a real estate investment of $220,000 or make a contribution of $150,000 in the National Fund. Also, Real Estate Investment is refundable, applicants can rent out or sell this property after five years.
- Fastest processing of 120 days.
- Visa-free travel to 115+ countries including Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Grenada is among few nations whose citizens are allowed to travel to China.
- Inclusion of children under 30 as dependents.
- Parents and grandparents are also part of the same application.
St. Lucia Citizenship by Investment
St. Lucia is a magnificent island surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean & Caribbean Sea. However, this is one of the oldest citizenship by investment scheme and to date, so many people have gotten their passports for the whole family. Applicants can either purchase a real estate property for $300,000 or can make a contribution of $100,000 in the National Economic Fund of St. Lucia.
- You can get citizenship of St. Lucia in just 90 Days.
- In addition, Visa-free travel to 146+ countries including UK, Europe, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- Inclusion of children under the age of 26.
- No requirement to stay or visit St. Lucia during application processing.
- Moreover, Siblings under the age of 18 and parents above 55 years of age can be part of the application.
- Dual Citizenship is permitted.