Skilled Immigration Visa For Australia Canada New Zealand

Skilled Immigration

Migrating from one country to another especially on the bases of residency might require some strict procedure. Therefore, sometimes one might not possess all that is required to migrate to the desired country. However, skilled immigration is one of the fastest and easiest means of migration because it requires just your skill and your migration interest.

Skilled immigration is the migration of people is skilled in one art or the other to the country of their choice where those skills are needed. The application of this type of migration solely depends on the requirement of your desired country. Some of the countries which offer this type of migration include; Australia, New Zealand and the United States of America among others.

Skilled Immigration For Australia

  • Australia: in 2015 through 2016 Australia over 126, 000 skilled migrate and they are progressing in that figure as the day goes by. There is a great opportunity of skilled immigration in Australia but yet, it has its procedure and requirements which are otherwise known as skilled migration points or criteria and they include:
  • Nominated occupation
  • Age
  • English language proficiency
  • Skilled employment
  • Educational qualifications
  • Australian qualifications
  • Regional study
  • Community language skills
  • Spouse/partner skills and qualifications
  • Professional year
  • Nominations and sponsorship(Subclasses 190 and 489 only)

You must meet these criteria and score at least 60 in the point test

for the Australia skilled migration. Australia skilled occupation list visa includes

  • Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)
  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)*
  • Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – Points-tested stream
  • Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
  • Training visa (subclass 407)
  • Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
  • Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Work
  • Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).

Skilled Immigration For New Zealand

New Zealand: the New Zealand skilled migration category is a system of migration which gives you the opportunity to live and work in New Zealand. One of the qualifications you have to possess is your skill. However, they are other requirements for application and they include: AGE- applicants should be under the age of 55 years. HEALTH- the applicant and his dependents (spouse and children up to 17 years of age) are required to submit health declaration to show that they are in good health. In applying for the New Zealand skilled immigration, here is a breakdown of the points and its calculation.


Age Points
20-29 30
30-39 25
40-44 20
45-49 10
50-55 5


Current Employment or Offer of Employment Points
Having a job offer in New Zealand 50
Currently working in a skilled job in New Zealand for less than 1 year 50
Currently working in a skilled job in New Zealand for more than 1 year 60

Work Experience in Skilled Employment

Duration Points
2 years 10
4 years 15
6 years 20
8 years 25
10 years 30




9-10 (such as a Master’s degree or doctorate)

Qualification Level Points
4-6 (trade qualification or diploma)
7-8 (Bachelor’s degree)

Skilled Immigration For Canada

Canada: The Canadian skilled immigration is otherwise known as “express entry”. This is an avenue for people with skilled work experience to obtain residency in Canada. This is also a means of improving Canada’s growing economy by receiving skilled workers. Some of the program’s application managed by express entry includes:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
  • Canadian Experience Class

The mode of application is quite easy; first, you assess yourself and see if you are eligible (age: not more than 55, good work experience and good English language skill), then you can create your express entry profile. Finally, you get your papers and permanent residency as the highest-ranking candidate in the pool.

The United States of America: With Trump’s administration, there is even an increased need for skilled migration into the United States. So, you are welcome to the US skilled migration opportunity, If you are skilled in math, science, and computer.

US has five major EB migration categories and they include:

  • EB-1 For multinational executives or managers, or for people with exceptional experience and ability in science, art, education, business, or sport.
  • EB-2: For those in certain professions – such as medicine, science, and teaching – who holds a Master’s degree or higher.
  • EB-3: For skilled workers with at least 2 years of experience in their field. Master’s degree and Ph.D. holders who are not covered by the EB-2 visa, and for low skilled workers to take a permanent US job.
  • EB-4: For certain migrants who do not fit into other visa categories: some religious workers, US Foreign service employees, and others.
  • EB-5: For investors who invest a minimum of either $500,000 or $1,000,000 in a US business with at least 10 employees.