Amendments in Dominica’s CBI Programme by the Government – Redefining and expanding the Dependents
In order to achieve Dominica citizenship under the CBI program, two options are available:
- Contribution to the government fund with an amount of $100,000 approximately
- A $200,000 or more investment in a designated real estate
Dominica does not only offer the cheapest citizenship program by investment. But they also provide a hassle-free fast process that varies between 90 days.
Family Means No One Gets Behind or Forgetting in Getting Dominican Citizenship
The due rapid rise in the number of applicants for Dominican citizenship has shifted the focus of the Dominican government. They make some major amendments in their CBI program regarding Siblings. These changes are really appreciated by everyone who is interested to be part of this program and the government is observing an instant surge in applications.
Redefining and Expanding the Dependents
As per Dominica’s policy amendments in their citizenship by investment program, the new list of dependents includes:
- Main applicant and their spouse
- Children of the main applicant and of the spouse aging from 18 to 25 who are completely dependent on the main applicant and the spouse.
- Physically and mentally challenged children of the main applicant and of the spouse from age 18 and over who are unable to survive without the financial support of the main applicant and the spouse.
- Biological and legally adopted siblings who are single, have no children, and aging from 18 to 25 of the main applicant and of the spouse can be considered as dependents.
- Biological and legally adopted siblings of the main applicant and of the spouse under the age of 18 by considering the main applicant and the spouse as written and legal parent in the documentation.
- Parents and grandparents of both main applicant and of the spouse who are unable to support themselves physically and financially.
Note that, All the dependent of age 16 and more need to engage in all the required diligence tests to attain a legal clearance for qualifying as a citizen.
Investment and Fees Breakdown as per Dependent
Therefore, if a family consisting of the main applicant and his/her spouse, child, mother, and sibling elderly 25 were to apply for citizenship through a direct financial contributor, the required contribution amount would remain US$225,000 (US$175,000 + US$50,000).
Documentation and Application Requirements for Dominican Citizenship
- Firstly, the Main applicants need to submit a legally approved affidavit showing the support for dependents of age 18 or more. This document will clearly indicate the belongingness of dependent to the main applicant or to the spouse of the main applicant.
- Secondly, If the dependent is studying in any higher learning institute need no verification but to get it signed and stamped by an acknowledged authority. Children from ages 18 to 30 who are studying in any prestigious institute still need their official transcripts to move forward with the process.
- Moreover, If any of the parent, main applicant, or the spouse of the main applicant has custody or guardianship of a child of age less than 18. They are responsible to fill application forms on behalf of the child.
- Also, The main applicant and the spouse who support their Physically or mentally challenged dependents need to fill application forms on behalf of dependents and are responsible to complete other legal documentation.